Instant communication with the people you want to speak to, that’s what Twitter provides. But away from sharing your short thoughts, or retweeting the wise words of your favourite celebrity, how are you using Twitter to promote your business?
Here are 5 ideas to get more from Twitter, and maybe connecting with a few more customers too:
- Run a limited time competition involving people retweeting your tweet. Each retweet gets an entry into a random draw to win a prize! Make sure your T’s & C’s are tight, and look forward to some quick exposure.
- Run a poll. Ask your customers and followers what they would like to see – more sales, different products maybe even a new location. Listening to your customers and giving them what they want is a great way to increase your engagement with them.
- Use your business Twitter account to talk to other local businesses – join in their conversations about local issues or opportunities. Again, this will get your business out to the local population.
- Using images is more engaging than just a Tweet filled with text. You should see better results if you can find an image not just to go with your Tweet, but to complement it.
- Use relevant hashtags! Everyone is using them these days, so if you want your Tweet to stand out then using a relevant hashtag will help. If you want real brand awareness then consider creating your own hashtag and developing a story around that.
Twitter is a great way to get in front of your customers and have proper conversations about what they want, and how your company can provide that.